Sunday 15 February 2015

Bungee Jumping Of their own

Movie Name: Bungee Jumping of their Own
Language: Korean
Director : Kim Dae-Seung
Subtitles: Yes
Where to watch: Dailymotion

Cast:
Lee Byung-hun
Lee Eun-ju
Yeo Hyun-soo

Synopsis:
                                                *Warning Spoilers*
Seo In-woo falls in love with In Tae-hee when she asks to borrow his umbrella in a rainstorm. It is love at first sight for In-woo, and they start dating after only a couple of weeks. Tae-hee suddenly dies in an accident.
17 years later, In-woo is married and has a daughter. He is working as a high school teacher and tarts to notice similarities between a new student of his, Hyun-bin who is a male student, and Taehee. In-woo struggles with the concept of falling in love with his student also considering it to be homosexual. They both get bullied by other students at the school for being homosexual. Finally they overcome their fears with the realization that Hyun-bin is Tae-hee reincarnated, and that they are soulmates. The movie ends with a shot of them in New Zealand jumping off a bridge hand in hand. The ending is left to viewers imagination of what will happen to them. Did they plan to die together and re incarnated or ??????

My Review:

But basically this is not my kind of a BL movie. Although I like the plot and the screenplay of the movie. It’s grasping but did not reach my expectation of BL.I wish they concentrated more on the love story of In-Woo and Hyun-bin. Atleast some kind of embrace between them or a kiss. May be that’s just me always wanting more of BL …LOL…It was a good movie with both a happy and sad ending...Also I could not find a good print of the movie which really did not make the viewing enjoyable…So i am just going to rate it based on my experience watching it mostly


My Rating: 6/10

I would leave the choice you.Your call.

Images(Screenshots):





No comments:

Post a Comment